June 10–14, 2013
Camp Discovery is open to children currently enrolled in first through fifth grades (2012/13 school year). It's a week-long series of activities packed with unforgettable experiences.
Each group of 20 students will have their own counselor who will be with them all day. Each teacher will be assisted by a Findlay High School honors student.
At Camp Discovery campers will engage in hands-on building and discovery activities. Learning and fun will go hand-in-hand.
Summer 2013 Camp Discovery Activities include:
- Technology Rules! - Who doesn't like video games? Discover the "ins" and "outs" of video game making and create a video game by using a video game. You'll wow your friends with your new creation!
- Sky-High Engineering - Construct a tower, do a skyscraper challenge and discover how to think like an engineer. No hard hat required to build fantastic structures!
- everyMaththing - There's math inside everything! Explore how mathematics affects all areas of learning and life. Have fun building compasses, creating nutritious snacks and finding the volume of a student - with the help of math.
- Mysteries of Chemistry - Put on your thinking cap and become a crime scene investigtor (CSI) as you use chemistry to solve crimes and other "unexplainable" mysteries.
- Biology 101: The Body - Take a look at body cells, investigate the brain and dissect the heart, lungs, esophagus and legs of a cow to better understand your body.
- Fun With Physics - Become a real physicist with fun and exciting experiments such as building a rocket, an airplane, bending water and much more!
Camp may fill quickly. Be sure to register for this fun-filled week of activities!
Contact Terri Hooper at 419-427-5495 for financial aid and additional information!