June 5–9, 2016
Camp Discovery is open to children currently enrolled in first through fifth grades (2016/17 school year). It's a week-long series of activities packed with unforgettable experiences.
Each group of 20 students will have their own counselor who will be with them all day. Each teacher will be assisted by a Findlay High School honors student.
Summer 2017 Camp Discovery Activities include:
- Escape the Classroom! – You’re “locked” in the classroom! Can you escape in time? Work with your team to figure out the clues to get the key to escape!
Wilson Vance Gifted Teacher Kristin Woodhull
- SNAP ‘em – Use award-winning SNAP CIRCUITS to transform energy into light, sound, green, motion, arcade, magnetic and remote-controlled rovers.
Arcadia HS Science Teacher Barb Tidd
- Technology Rules! – Who doesn’t like video games? Discover the “ins” and “outs” of video game making and create a video game by using a video game. You’ll wow your friends with your new creation!
Glenwood Middle School Math Teacher Ryan Lindahl
- CSI Crime Scene – Become a detective! Use processes and patterns of chemistry and other sciences to solve crimes using blood-stains, fingerprints, ballistics, powders, tool prints and dental impressions.
FHS Science Teacher Mark Laux
- Ciphers, Codes and Cracking – How good are you at cracking codes? Study Cryptanalysis to learn how to break codes that terrorists, spies and criminals use to convey messages.
FHS Math Teacher Karen Ouwenga
- Take Apart Science – Are you a tinkerer? Do you like to take things apart and not have to repair them? We will use tools to investigate what makes electrical and battery-operated devices work.
Bigelow Hill Teacher Kyle Watts
- Recess and Noontime Activities
Donnell Gifted Teacher Kate Winger &
Glenwood Counselor Maria Little
Camp may fill quickly. Be sure to register for this fun-filled week of activities!
Contact Terri Hooper at 419-427-5495 for financial aid and additional information!